Supporting Children’s Mental Health
What is mental health?
We all have mental health, just like we all have physical health. It’s about how we think, feel and act. Sometimes we feel well, and sometimes we don’t. When our mental health is good, we feel motivated and able to take on challenges and new experiences. But when our mental health is not so good, we can find it much harder to cope. (Young Minds, 2022)
Ensuring mental health and wellbeing is a priority:
The Mental Health and Wellbeing of our community is key towards supporting everyone to reach their potential and flourish.
We are proud to work in partnership with other local schools to continue to share good practice and develop our own practice towards mental health and pastoral support. Our pastoral support team is made up of skilled practitioners who continue to develop their own knowledge and expertise in this crucial area.
- To provide an excellent PSHE curriculum from EYFS to Year 6.
- To ensure our children have access to a wide range of opportunities and experiences to help them flourish.
- To raise awareness of mental health throughout school life.
- To teach our children strategies to support them to regulate their feelings.
- To create calm and safe learning environments where social, emotional and mental health support is a priority.
Our Mental Health and Wellbeing Team:
Mental Health Lead
Mr M. Beach
Mrs C. Shew
Mrs L. Eder
Mrs J. Walters
Fido (Our School Dog)