KS1 Christmas Performance: Wednesday 13th December
Year 1 & 2 Costume List - Xmas Performance (13th December 2023)
KS1 Christmas Performance - Urgent request
Please can all children please bring in their lines for the play daily. We will be practicing regularly for this over the next couple of weeks.
30.11.23 - Homework
23.11.23 - Homework
Monday 13th November 2023
Just a reminder that there is a Family Learning session from 9am to 9:30am. Feel free to attend. We shall be focusing on Reading as a class.
Please report to the school office 5 mins before.
Many thanks and look forward to seeing as many as you there!
Enjoy the weekend
10.11.23 - Homework
Apologies for the late post for the homework task via this class page. The homework was actually set and made active since Thursday this week, via Mymaths website. Please support where needed and only complete 20 mins worth. We do not expect children to be spending any longer than this on this task. There is no obligation to complete. Let the children try and complete independently. If they struggle, then please support their learning where necessary.
Year 2 Autumn Term PE Sessions (11/09 onwards) - Mondays and Thursdays
Please ensure your child comes to school in their PE kit on the above days. If your child's PE day falls on any form of non-school uniform day (i.e PTA event; World Book Day) then please put their PE kit in a separate bag for them to change into on the day.
Please find the homework information for this week. I understand that some children are spending over 45 mins on the maths homework. Please can I ask them to spend only 15-20 mins max and just stop where they get up to. We don't want to cause any unwanted stress, for you or your child, to get the work completed as that is not our intention.
Please support them if they are finding the work a little difficult and then record in reading records. We will pick this up and make sure they receive additional support in class.
Hope this clarifies expectations for the homework each week.
Homework - 13.10.23
Homework - 5/10/23
Please find below the Meet the Teacher slides from yesterday. I have updated the PE slots. Please note for this week only we will be doing PE on Friday (Mr Leonard) alongside PE on Thursday with Mr Manly.
W/C 25/9/23 - PE will revert back to the new timetable - Mondays (am) & Thursdays (pm).
I have also included the Year 2 Curriculum overview for this 1/2 term.
Homework will be set each Thursday (mymaths logins are stuck into their reading records). Children are expected to read (x5) for 15-20 mins. There will be 1 piece of creative homework which will be set each 1/2 term. This will be posted on the class page shortly.
Children's spelling booklets will be sent home Friday this week. Your child will need to focus on the highlighted & dated spelling list each week. They will need to bring in their copy so we can continue to update.
Hope this helps
Meet the Teacher Slides 20.9,2023
Autumn 1 overview - subjects
Zones of Regulation Parent/Carer Meeting
Year 2 Zones of Regulation (Feelings and Strategies)
Information about Ladders/Trains/Rockets (High Frequency Words)
Topic Project Homework
Home Learning Guidance
- Every child should read for 20 minutes each day. We recommend this takes place at least five times per week. Reading is the most important homework to complete with your child. When they have read the books a few times, please remember to ask questions about the text such as:
- Is the text Fiction or Non-Fiction? How do you know?
- Who is the author?
- What happened in the story/ text?
- Where did the story take place?
- On page X, what happened?
- What’s your opinion about this text?
- Is this text similar or different to other books you are reading?
- Homework is set on Thursday’s and due back on Tuesday’s. We do not upload homework to the class page as we do vary the homework for different children so the homework is not always the same for the whole class. We kindly ask that homework is expected to be completed every week. If you need a copy of the homework please ask Miss Larkin or Mr Beach at the end of the school day.
- The children are expected to bring in their reading books and records every day. Our soft start to the day involves individual reading so it is essential these are in school every day.
- More guidance is to follow regarding plans for Spelling in KS1 in the New Year.