Meet the Teacher Meeting
Homework will be sent home today. Each child has a homework book that will be sent out in a plastic wallet. This is due back on Tuesday.
We have started a new Early Reading scheme (Little Wandle). Therefore, we are working as quickly as possible to ensure your child a reading book matched to their phonics level by the end of this week. We thank you for your patience with this.
Curriculum overview (Autumn 1)
Welcome to Year 2!
Mr Beach and Miss Fung have been busy getting the classroom ready for the new school year. We are looking forward to seeing everyone on Monday 5th September.
Mr Beach will be teaching all day on Monday and Tuesday. Miss Fung will teach all day Wednesday-Friday. Mrs Burks will be working in Year 2 every morning and on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday afternoons.
At the end of the day, Mr Beach or Miss Fung will walk the class over to the outdoor stage (next to the playground) to send the children home.
We kindly ask the children to walk down to the classroom independently in the mornings.
Things to bring:
Our PE days are Wednesday and Friday.
Please remember to bring your PE kit on those days.
Please bring in a water bottle with fresh water each day.
Pencil cases and stationary are not needed as this is all provided in school.
In our first English lesson, we are going to be writing about the summer holidays. You might like to bring in some photos, information or souvenirs from your summer holidays to share.
See you all soon!
Zones of Regulation Parent/Carer Meeting
Year 2 Zones of Regulation (Feelings and Strategies)
Information about Ladders/Trains/Rockets (High Frequency Words)
Topic Project Homework
Home Learning Guidance
- Every child should read for 20 minutes each day. We recommend this takes place at least five times per week. Reading is the most important homework to complete with your child. When they have read the books a few times, please remember to ask questions about the text such as:
- Is the text Fiction or Non-Fiction? How do you know?
- Who is the author?
- What happened in the story/ text?
- Where did the story take place?
- On page X, what happened?
- What’s your opinion about this text?
- Is this text similar or different to other books you are reading?
- Homework is set on Thursday’s and due back on Tuesday’s. We do not upload homework to the class page as we do vary the homework for different children so the homework is not always the same for the whole class. We kindly ask that homework is expected to be completed every week. If you need a copy of the homework please ask Miss Larkin or Mr Beach at the end of the school day.
- The children are expected to bring in their reading books and records every day. Our soft start to the day involves individual reading so it is essential these are in school every day.
- More guidance is to follow regarding plans for Spelling in KS1 in the New Year.