Home Learning due in W/C Monday 15th May 2023
Year 1 PE Sessions - Summer Term
Mondays PM and Thursdays AM
KS1 Nativity ‘Prickly Hay’ 2022
Year 1 and 2 performed an impressive Nativity called ‘Prickly Hay’! They sang, acted and danced brilliantly and we are so proud of them all. Well done everyone and thank you for beautifully sharing the special message behind the season.
Curriculum overview (Autumn 1)
Welcome to Class One
I hope you have had a fantastic holiday and enjoyed the extremely hot weather. I am looking forward to meeting you all on Monday 5th September and have lots of exciting things planned for this term.
Our class trip will take place on the 29th Septemeber when we will be visiting Paradise Wildlife Park as part of our science topic to investigate and further our knowledge on animals. This will involve a workshop as well as being able to visit the zoo and dinosaur park.
Have a look at our curriculum overviews on this website to see the different things we will be learning. We will look at maps in Geography, read lots of different books in English as well as learning to read and write and in Maths we will be learning to add and subtract.
For your information these are some reminders to make out start to the year smooth and successful.
- PE Kits - Children need to come dressed in their PE kit on the day of their PE session. Please ensure they wear appropriate warm clothing and footwear clearly named as they will be undertaking PE outside.
- PE days are Monday and Tuesday afternoons. PE will start on Tuesday 6th Septemeber
- Homework will be sent out on Thursday to returned the following Tuesday. A homework book will be given to each child in a wallet along with their reading record and book. Please ensure that the homework when completedis signed by an adult.
- Water bottles - Please send your child with a clearly named water bottle for their own use. Please make sure that it is only filled with water and not part of their packed lunch. Bottles will be returned home daily so you can clean them but will be refilled as necessary during the day for the children.
- Reading at home- The expectation is for children to read at home daily or a minimum of three times per week. We are starting a new phonic and reading programme of which more details will follow.
- Reading Records- Every child will have their own personal reading record. Please sign the reading record everytime you hear your child read. Books will be changed on Tuesday and Friday but cannot be changed unless you have signed to say your child has read.
- Uniform- We all know how expensive uniform can be and it would be helpful if your child's uniform is clearly labelled so that we can return any lost items quickly.
- Spellings - We have a spelling programme called Ladders, Trains and Rockets which helps the children learn to spell the National Curriculum key words. Every child will receive a booklet of ladders with key words to learn. The children are expected to learn one or two ladders per week and are tested individaully in school. They move on to the next ladder when they can spell all of the words. If it is only one word they have mispelt then they learn the next ladder and that word for the following week. This will be indictaed on the booklet. When they get to the end of a set the children receive a certificate. They will only be tested once a week on the ladders set.
If you have any concerns or querries please do not hesitate to contact me. You can leave a message with the member of staff who is on duty first thing in the morning on the playground. You can also contact me via the office who will pass on a message.
Finally I would like to say thank you in advance for your support as it make all the difference to the children's learning.