Class 3 - Information
PE will take place on Mondays and Tuesdays. Please ensure that children have their full, named PE kit with them in school each day. Please only provide lace up trainers if your child can tie them independently.
Please make sure your child has a water bottle in school with them each day.
Home Learning will be given to children on Thursdays to be completed and handed in by children on the following Tuesday. If your child misplaces their copy of the homework or is absent on the day it is handed out, it can be found on this page (see below).
Reading Records are checked daily at school and children are prompted to change their reading book if they need to. Please date, sign and leave comments about your child's reading in the Reading Record. The Reading Records contain phonics prompts, comprehension questions and spelling lists that you may choose use to support your child at home.
The number facts focus for Spring 1 and 2 will be the 3, 4 and 8 times tables. Number facts will be given out at the start of term for children to stick in their home learning books and practise at home.
Half Termly Spelling Lists will be given out at the start of each half term for children to stick in their home learning books. Their spelling test will take place at the end of each half term. If you require additional copies of the list, please print it from this page (see below).
To avoid getting paint on their uniform, please provide an old top that your child can keep at school and use during Art lessons throughout the year.
Our Topic for Spring 1 and 2 will be ‘The Empire Strikes Back'. The children will be learning about the Romans. Please see the Topic Map below to find out what we will be learning in Spring 1 and 2 across the curriculum.
For: MONDAY 25th February 2019
Get yourselves organised and ready for the next half term:
- Empty your school bags of rubbish (empty snack packets, old letters and papers you don’t need).
- Ensure that you have your home learning book, reading record and book packed inside (ready to hand in on the first day back).
- Think about what you need to bring to school and only put the necessary items in your bag. Think back to our tidy bags discussion to help you decide which pockets to use for which items.
- Ensure that you have packed ALL of your PE kit in your PE bag:
- Black PE shorts
- Plain white t-shirt or plain white polo shirt
- Trainers for outdoor use (only laces if you can tie them yourself!)
- Make sure your trainers still fit your feet and if they don’t make sure you have new ones in your bag for PE on the first day back.
- Plain black tracksuit
Tick off the bullet points as you get organised so that you know you have completed all the steps.
Then get an adult to check and sign here: