Welcome to Year 2
Another week is almost over. there are only a few weeks left with lots of different activities going on in school including sports day. Please see the newsletter for dates and times of key events.
Our classroom is currently open in the mornings before school for you to come and read with your child. This is a time to spend 15 minutes with you child, 8.30 - 8.45, to have quiet reading time. Please can you ensure you do come with your child as they need to be reading to you rather then independently? It is extremely important that the children continue to read daily to help them progress in deepening their understand of reading including inference questions. The bookmark of questions you have been given will support you in doing this. if you have lost it or need the next level up please come and ask Miss Conyard for one.
This week the children have worked really hard and we have used the wonderful weather as a great opportunity to do some of our learning outdoors. The children went to Paddy's patch to inspire recount writing and then we used it to investigate plants and trees for our science work. We are investigate how changes affect seeds and have planted some cress in our classroom. WE are hoping to enjoy tasting it next week.
Below are a few reminders to help you ensure your child is ready to learn every day.
- PE kits need to be in school EVERYDAY - a drawstring bag is the most appropriate.
- Book bags and Reading Book/Reading Record need to be in school EVERYDAY.
- PE is on Friday and Game On is on Tuesday. Children need to make sure they have a tracksuit in their PE bag as Game On will take the children outside every week.
- Homework to be handed in on Tuesdays and new homework sent home on Thursdays.
- Please ensure your child has a water bottle with them in school to allow them to have a drink throughout the day.
Year 2 staff: